If you would have asked me a few years back, where I saw myself by the age of 30 I would have answered married, with two kids, living in the suburbs, and working as a personal shopper or in Public Relations. Today is the day that I officially turn 30 and my life couldn’t be further from that! Yep, it’s my birthday today and I wave goodbye to my 20’s forever!
Growing up I can still remember my sisters celebrating their 29th birthday multiple times, or hearing so many other women feel as if they had a timeline (biological clock). The truth is I couldn’t be more excited to welcome this new chapter of my life with open arms! Looking back at my twenties, I’m thankful for every experience, adventure, mistake, heartbreak, new friends, memories, smiles, travels, sleepless nights, the journey to find myself, and accomplishments.
To me, turning 30 brings excitement! My 20’s were amazing; full of learning experiences and challenges. So what did I learn you ask?
- Your biggest blessing is your health many aren’t lucky enough to even make it to their 30th birthday, so blow out those candles and make a wish!
- God is good – no matter how tough life gets, God is always there to hear you and he will never leave.
- Family is EVERYTHING
- Keep your girl squad close – people come and go in and out of our lives, I’d rather be surrounded by a few strong, hardworking, and beautiful women that I know will be in my life forever. That small group of friends that are there during the good and the bad, I’m a huge believer of quality over quantity.
- Love YOURSELF– we are our biggest critics, but remember how far you have come and everything you have accomplished.
- I am living life for ME– I no longer feel the need to prove myself to everyone. If you know me, you know I like to please everyone but the only way to be truly happy is to live my life the way I want and who cares what others think.
- I love macarons- Thank you Laudree
- I’m in charge of my happiness – I used to think that a boyfriend, things, or friends determined my happiness. I quickly realized I was setting myself up for failure; the truth is that I am in charge of that!
- Everything in moderation– I refuse to say no to sweets, a great glass of wine, bread and butter, or anything else that will go straight to my muffin top.
- Everyone’s timeline is different – the biggest mistake we can make is compare our life to someone else. “Happiness starts where comparison ends”.
- Never stop dreaming
- It’s okay to not be in control of everything
- I love to workout – it’s good for me and it makes me feel happy!
- I’m excited to continue to see my blog grow each day
- Work hard, play hard – it’s okay to love your job but don’t forget to take a step back and enjoy family time or a hobby.
- Traveling make life worth living – This girl right here loves to travel and I hope God allows me to continue checking off my bucket list.
- Moisturize ladies – by now you should have a skin care routine.
- Don’t be afraid to let your light shine for fear of judgment
- Embrace independence.
- LOVE and be LOVED.
Cheers to turning 30! I have a feeling the best is yet to come!