Hey guys! First of, I want to say thank you for all the birthday love this past weekend! I was lucky enough to get some time off work to celebrate my birthday with my best friend at an All-Inclusive resort in Cabo San Lucas! I had an amazing time and couldn’t have asked for a better travel buddy.
Overpacking is a common problem with many travelers. I am guilty of over packing in the past, which is why I challenged myself to only take a carry-on for this trip. To avoid baggage fees, wasting time at baggage claim, and be in-and-out of the airport when I arrive. I’m happy to share that I DID IT!
Here are some helpful tips that I used when packing along with my list of what I packed.
- Don’t throw random pieces in your suitcase– I knew I would be laying out by the pool or beach most of the time, so I packed pieces that can transition from the pool to having lunch at one of the restaurants.
- Roll, don’t fold– it saves up so much space!
- Use your handbag as storage– I place my jewelry, brushes, or socks inside the purse.
- Shoes at the bottom of suitcase– one pair of dressy sandals, flip-flop for pool area, and comfortable sneakers or flats.
- Plan your outfits– lay them out on the bed and choose pieces that you can mix and match
- Carry your hat
- Downsize Toiletries and limit cosmetics– save those free samples for travel or purchase empty containers and fill them with your products.
- Use your purse- I placed my makeup bag, camera, sunglasses, and skin care products in my purse.
My Packing List For Beach vacation-
- 3 pairs of shorts
- 3-4 tops
- 2 maxi dresses
- Romper or Casual day dress
- 2-4 swimsuits- I like to switch it up
- 2-3 cover-ups
- Flip flops, flat sandals, and pair of heels (in neutral color)
- Small purse- choose a neutral color
- Sunglasses and hat
- Evening dress- in case you decide to go out to a nice dinner or dancing outside the resort
I packed this beautiful floral off-the-shoulder dress from Shein for our trip! The fit, length, and quality of this dress is amazing. I can’t wait for summer to wear it again!
Thanks for stopping by!