As we all know, Valentine’s Day is a few days away and with all the craziness going on in the world, I’ll take any excuse to spread some love! I know it’s one of those “made up” holidays that is overrated AF, but who doesn’t love to get chocolates, flowers, or make someone else feel special for the day. Some of your gal pals might not have a significant other; Valentine’s Day isn’t exclusive to couples. Celebrate your girlfriends that have been through it all with you, your siblings, or your mom who has showered you with love from day one. Sometimes the best gift we can give to ourselves is the gift of giving to others.
Here are some fun and affordable ideas to help spread the love:
- Mani & Pedi– why not use that time to catch up with your girls and get pampered.
- Bake Cookies– Pick your favorite recipe; dust off your heart-shaped cookie cutter, and exchange sweets with friends.
- Sip & Paint Party– Head to a paint and sip studio, they have everything you need, wine, music, and painting instructions. Btw, Groupon always has great deals!
- Volunteer At A Soup Kitchen– it’s easy to focus on what’s going wrong in your life, instead help put a smile on someone else’s face. Your situation could be worse.
- Cooking Class– taking a cooking class with BAE is a great way to work as a team, bond, build memories and deepen your relationship.
- Spa Day– spend the day relaxing together, book a one-hour his & her massage or facials and simply unwind. Make sure to check Groupon for any deals they might have!
- Pay for a stranger’s coffee– you never know what other people are going through. Free coffee always puts a smile on my face!
- Write a letter- most of the time, happiness comes from the littlest things in life.
- Movie Night– This can apply if you are single or taken. Get the girls to come over, have a variety of snacks, watch The Notebook, and enjoy the eye candy (Ryan Gosling). If your taken grab your favorite pajamas, throw on a movie, and enjoy dinner at home.
- LOVE YOURSELF- “You must love yourself before you love another”; I know very cliché but so true. Whatever your relationship status is on this Valentine’s Day, show yourself some love.
This outfit would be a great to head out to brunch, dinner with friends or BAE, or to sip & paint. I love a pop of pink and these boots are so comfortable and chic, to all the mommy’s out there these boots should be in your closet!
I would love to hear some ideas that you might have planned!