Hey guys! It’s rainy and gloomy in Chicago, the perfect weather to curl up on the sofa and watch movies with BAE. Lately I’ve been coming home from work EXHAUSTED! I leave work feeling physically, emotionally, and mentally drained on certain days. I’ve learned working in the ICU that it’s important to take time to unwind and relax at the end of the day. I know it can be difficult if you have children, a husband, sick family member, a demanding job, and all the other stressors that come with adulting. Your wellbeing is important, so make sure to take some time out for yourself.
I don’t know about you but I need my beauty sleep! The National Sleep Foundation recommends that we get between 7-9 hours of sleep at night. Why is sleep so important? During sleep the collagen production in your skin increases aka fights off wrinkles (moisturize ladies & gents), helps whittle that waistline, build muscle cells after a tough workout, and so much more. At times it’s hard to unwind at night and calm my brain before bed, here are six ways that I’ve found help me relax before bed.
- Drink Some Hot Tea– make sure its decaf! There is something so soothing and relaxing when you are in bed with a warm cup of tea. Chamomile is one of my personal favorites.
- Put Your Phone & Tablet Away– Make a habit to shut down all social media at a certain time every night. I place my phone on my night stand and dim the light.
- Reading– Reach for a book, not your tablet. Reading is a great way to escape the real world and get lost in your favorite book. Fresh Rose Face Mask
- Mini Spa Treatment– Show your skin some love, your skin will thank you later. Wash your face, do a face mask, and finish with a moisturizer.
- No Late Night Snacking- if your stomach isn’t happy reach for almonds or crackers and stay away from sugars.
- Pandora– Create a playlist of your favorite songs or select their Soothing Music (Relaxation) Station. It always helps me relax after a long day at work.
What do you guys do to get ready for bed or unwind after a long day?
Thanks for stopping by!