Hey guys! I’m back with a blog post dedicated to my serial last-minute packers (my best friend, lol), I am guilty myself of packing the night before a morning flight. What ends up happening is that I’m stressed, I over pack or realize I forgot to back something while I’m sitting in the plane. When packing your bag consider the weather, length of your trip, size of luggage, and weight limit. I don’t know about you, but I want to avoid those excess baggage fees!
If you’re heading out on a trip soon keep scrolling to read my top five packing tips to ensure you don’t forget anything at home.
- Make A List- I make a list and I check it twice! It’s all too easy to forget items you need, plus, it keeps me organized. I love to pre-plan my outfits to know exactly what I need to pack and avoid over packing. It’s also great to make sure you don’t forget your passport, charger, camera, beauty products, and more.
- Mix & Match- Stick with pieces you can mix and match such as jeans, skirts, shorts, etc. One item you’ll always find in my suitcase is a white t-shirt. You can dress it down with denim shorts and slides, and dress it up with a silk midi skirt and block heel.
- Less Toiletries– Leave your full-sized bottles AWAY! If you are staying at a hotel they will provide you with shampoo, conditioner, body wash & lotion. Just pack those items you really need such as a toothbrush, face wash, moisturizer, and face serum.
- Wear Heaviest Items- For instance, wear you denim jacket and gym shoes to the airport to save room in your carry on. That way they don’t take up too much space and weight in your luggage.
- Neutral Comfortable Shoes- Yup, my first trip to Europe I packed 10 pairs of shoes and believe me it wasn’t worth it. Most of the time you won’t end up wearing half of them and it’ll just take up a ton of space. I’ve started packing shoes that I can wear with multiple outfits, comfortable, and in neutral colors. Plus, you can always buy a new pair on vacation.
P.S. I also store my most important belongings in a jewelry bag, and take it on the plane with me. Also, don’t forget cozy socks and scarf for the freezing airplane cabins!
I hope these tips help you on your next flight! Thanks for stopping by!